Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions for Bagnol and Tyn-Towyn Caravan Parks
- You must report to Reception upon arrival before pitching.
- A deposit is required to secure your pitch, under no circumstances will the deposit be refunded should you cancel your booking.
- No arrivals after 9.00 pm. Please contact the reception if you are going to be late and we will issue you a pitch number.
- Bank Holidays are subject to a minimum three night stay.
- Fires, disposable BBQ's, lanterns and fireworks are not permitted. Dogs are allowed on the camping field only.
- Bagnol is a family park, we do not accept single or mixed group bookings. Any large groups arriving will be asked to leave.
- Tents, touring caravans & motorhomes must be sited in the pitch number allocated by the Reception Office.
- Pitches must be vacated, not later than 11.00am, new arrivals are permitted after 2:00pm.
- In the interest of safety, the flying of kites is not allowed on our holiday park, due to overhead electricity lines.
- A speed limit of 10 M.P.H. is enforced on site.
- Please respect other guests. Noise, music or any other nuisance will not be tolerated after 10.30pm and you will be asked to leave. No refunds will be given under these circumstances.
- Please ensure that the toilet and shower facilities are left in the condition you would wish to find them. The showers are NOT 'wetrooms.' Please don't leave any 'deposits' behind.
- Out of Hours emergency numbers are available at reception.
- Bikes are allowed on the park if ridden with due care and safety helmets worn. Roller Blades, Skateboards and Scooters are NOT permitted for safety reasons.
- Bagnol shall incur no liability whatsoever in the event of any part of the site or any of the facilities being unavailable because of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond the Park’s control.
- Bagnol and its employees shall not be liable for any loss, damage to or theft from any caravan, tent or other property, unless the same be caused or contributed to by negligence or default on the part of the Company, its servants or agents.
- Any customer who uses threatening, abusive or insulting language towards any member of staff will be asked to leave the park.
We are a member of the British Holiday & Home Parks Association.